Me2 Money

Saving money for a house. It's tough, but I will find a way to save $20,000 to $30,000 for a down payment. Follow my blog and see how I am doing. I set the goal and now I must take action.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Now that the cable is gone

So it has been a few weeks since I got rid of the cable. I felt the impact the first few days. I did not know what to do, reruns were calling my name. Well the first step was to get the rabbit ears up and tune into local stations. I was able to watch Prison Break, The Apprentice and the local news not bad. Now what about movies I found some great movies in the TV listing and left the VCR recording over night. It worked got a few movies to watch. The next step was trying to get more programs. I visited the libraries web site and ordered as many movies and TV shows as I could in one sitting. They have a system that will call when the movies are in stock and I can pick them up. It was a bit of a challenge, but with youtube.com and some other online video services I was entertained and it cost me zero. I like spending zero and I know that this will have a great impact on my savings for the down payment on a house. I also got the free magazine that I ordered a few weeks ago. They arrived very quick and are great magazines.

Here is the link if anyone wants to order business and trade magazines. They also have a few home titles for free.

Free magazine Subscription click to order business and trade magazines

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home