Me2 Money

Saving money for a house. It's tough, but I will find a way to save $20,000 to $30,000 for a down payment. Follow my blog and see how I am doing. I set the goal and now I must take action.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tracking expenses with an old Sharp organizer

I found a great way to budget. I will be tracking every penny spent for the next month. The other day I was looking through my desk and found my old Sharp ZQ-5300M Electronic Organizer. In a world of Palm and Pocket PC PDA's which I also own, this little guy seems to do the best at tracking expenses. It is very simple to use and the battery life on this thing goes for at least 6 months to a year before they need to be changed. It's funny I forgot I had this thing. I remember a few years ago a friend of mine swearing by his trusty Sharp over any other PDA and even looking on eBay for a replacement. My friend keeps track of all his expenses in order to not go over his budget and his Sharp did a great job. Well looks like he was right I have yet found a better program on any of the other PDA's that I own. The idea is to keep track of all my spending for a month and then try to look at the data and figure out where I need to take control. In the last few days I have spent $23.58 on things like food, gas and coffee. It really adds up very quickly so it is nice to have this data to study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home