Me2 Money

Saving money for a house. It's tough, but I will find a way to save $20,000 to $30,000 for a down payment. Follow my blog and see how I am doing. I set the goal and now I must take action.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Here goes the cable

In order to start saving a little more I went through all my options. It looks like the cable bill has to go. I did not want this to happen, but I have bigger goals in mind. That will free up $60.00 a month to add to my savings account. I get my internet through DSL so cable can be disconnected. I have been thinking about which types of programs I like to watch. It seems like I am always looking for information so the news and educational programs need to be replaced. I will be using my local stations for news free over the air and on the web. The major sites all have some sort of video you can watch for free. I will also be using youtube.com for little video clips and just to entertain myself. Who needs MTV when most record company web sites or artist page have music videos for free. I will need to find free movies I know there are some web sites that have older movies. I can also borrow DVD's from my friends and family for free. Then there is always the library they always have great movies. The basics are covered and I will try to go cable free, being a life long TV addict this might be a tough one.

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, April 24, 2006 1:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is something I have to decide on soon. It is a bit tougher when kids are involved, but I believe it would provide a good example. We also have our phone and internet tied into the same plan, so we would lose the $10 package discount.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't worry about it, same thing almost happend to me. Just tell them that you were thinking of switching to Bell. Anytime you cancel a service with Rogers they ask you why, and if they can do something to save your business they usually will spare you the discount. You can always go to walmart and spend $20 on an antenna. You get basic cable channels and enough TV to watch prime time. It's worth the one time fee.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home