Me2 Money

Saving money for a house. It's tough, but I will find a way to save $20,000 to $30,000 for a down payment. Follow my blog and see how I am doing. I set the goal and now I must take action.

Friday, April 06, 2007

All about the money!


This month I had to get some new checks from my bank. When I went to order the checks I found that they would cost me $23.00. I figured I better look around and see if there was anywhere else to get checks for less. I found that the Canadian supermarket chain by Loblaws has a bank named PC Financial. If you sign up for an account from them they will give you free checks and charge no fee's plus the savings account paid more interest then other banks. I went down to the supermarket and had an account set up the same day. Very easy no mess. They also allow me to use the same bank machines as CIBC one of the biggest banks in Canada. Overall this was a smart move that will save me money over the long term. The past year has been an eye opener as far as saving money goes. You can always save a few dollars here and there if you do some research.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home